"When you walk to the edge of all the light you have, And you take the first step into the darkness of the unknown, You must believe that one of two things will happen, There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly."
Patrick Overton's faith Poem which I feel offers artful encouragement is great and I absolutely love it.
This has been the first week of my final year of university. Like many other people, I am entering and starting this year with so many unknowns, multiple uncertainties, constant variables and insecurities about my present footing and being. I don't know where this road that I am on currently is leading me, but all past paths have led me here. I must believe that I am in the correct place right?
Have you ever woken up and wondered how you got to where you are, unsure about where you are going, how you will get there and what's waiting for you when you arrive? I am currently in this place, and am fast creeping up to my own personal darkness, my unknown, praying that if I let go and let God, Patrick Overton's words will become a true testament for me and my life.
Someone said once, 'where will I be 5 years from now? I delight in not knowing. Thats one of the greatest things about life - its wonderful little surprises' I believe that full submission to this philosophy is folly, but there is undeniable beauty in its principle of faith, that all will work out regardless of what may happen along the way! So I ask myself, where will be a year from now, and though I don't share the same delight in not knowing, I am learning to trust that God is in control, and it is from here I derive my peace and find my rest.
I hope a year from now, I can write and let you know that it all worked out. That I am where I am supposed to be, headed in the right direction, and that in my darkness, I grew wings and was taught to fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment