It has been a long time since my last published post. The absense of my words is not for lack of creativity, ideas or opinions, rather I have been struggling with my time and I suppose its management. So much has been happening, and so much has needed doing.
In the last three weeks I have started addressing applications for further study, been reviewing lecture material, working on my final year research project, started dance classes with my girlfriend alongside other dance, looked for a Job.. etc. It has been busy and quite frankly I have often felt tired, overwhelmed and in some dark moments even beat by the shear volume of things that need to be done, and done well.
I have always subscribed to the belief that in each individual day we are gifted, we are accorded with the right amount of time to do all we must and can...that there is always more than enough time to do that which needs to be done. This belief is getting difficult to live and advertise.
Over the last couple of weeks I have found, as I trust many others do as well, that before one day has been given the chance to be put to rest and end, the next had already started.. often leaving me behind in a dust cloud of things 'to-do' barely keeping up pace. Life seems to have become a perpetual hamster wheel, that keeps me busy and sweating but is ultimately getting me nowhere, gaining me no ground and giving me no comfort, allowing me no rest.
I am listening.. hoping.. trying to wait for something to happen, for something to change. To be placed on a track where my progress can be measured, quantified, made worth something to someone.. I am waiting for my real life to begin.
I know it will come, and that my current circumstance is only seasonal and therefore temporary, but that doesnt make it any easier to face or take. I have decided to take the days gone the days to come (as they promise to bring the same) as training or preparation. For what you may ask..
I could be wrong (and correct me if I am), but I think it was Henry ford that said 'I continue to plan and prepare for an opportunity I know will come'..that is what I am training and preparing for, my opportunity.. whatever that may be!
No comments:
Post a Comment