Sunday, 22 November 2009

Another week.. A different game plan

The start of another week. Where did the weekend go, where do the days go period? The beginning of a new week, though quite scary, should always be a welcome opportunity to become and do better. To right the wrongs of the week past and start on a different road, making progress toward some distant goal and setting in place measures to get to where you want and should be.. all this to be assessed come Friday!

When I was in secondary school, I remember going to one Christian Union event on a Friday evening. One of my peers and friends stood up in front of everyone present and spoke out saying, 'I am tired of coming here every Friday to seek and always ask for forgiveness from God for the same things,'. He proceeded to say more, but I cannot recall to accurate measure exactly what it was! That was a brave and bold move I thought, one that I would not have had the courage to do myself. His words stuck with me for a for long time, and evidently are still with me.

Albert Einstein said once: 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'. We all do it really. I repeatedly try to jump a 20-foot chasms in two 10-foot jumps. Its impractical, it doesn't and will never work.. but for the last few weeks that has been the story of my life. I have tried to make progress by deploying the same tactics and using the same tricks. This week has to be different. I need it to be.

Have a good week if you read this in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment