Thursday, 9 July 2009

I can't do this all on my own..

The song 'Superman', performed by Rufus Wainwright, commonly known for being the theme song to the hit TV-series Scrubs, is where I have sourced the inspiration to experiment with the idea of writing out my thoughts and feelings.. and not being afraid to metaphorically speak out loud to myself in public!

'But I can't do this all on my own, No I know I'm no Superman..' - These words encompass the heart and the core message of the song, and have unexpectedly taken on new meaning to me. 'No man is an island', my class was repeatedly told by one of my high school teachers, Revd. Thandi. No man is able to live alone without affecting those around him, and similarly without their help. We are all interconnected, and ultimately to some extent all need each other, in one respect or another.

I am on a journey, as I believe we all are.. I have no idea where to, not sure how far and am uncertain as to how I am to get to this elusive undefined destination..

I hope I don’t get lost along the way!

1 comment:

  1. No worries about getting lost as He is holding your hand :)
    Plus we will keep a look out for you, not promising much as my chubby knees slow me down.

    ReplyDelete